ISR L12 – L16
Number On Roll: 478
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our outstanding, friendly Academy, following the promotion of the previous post holder. The Local Academy Council is seeking to appoint an innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious Deputy Headteacher to join our leadership team. Possessing drive and vision, the successful candidate will support our Headteacher in leading our Christian family school. Cleadon Church of England Academy is part of the All Saints’ Academies Trust. This role offers an opportunity to be part of the Trust’s intended expansion.
We wish to appoint a Deputy headteacher who:
- Will have the commitment and dedication to build on our already very high standards through continuous school improvement.
- Has strong leadership and management skills.
- Can inspire Christian values in children and staff and engage fully with parents.
- Is passionate about teaching, learning and behaviour.
- Will work closely with the Headteacher, the supportive Local Academy Council, the Parish and the local community.
In return we offer:
- Through involvement in our strategic planning, the opportunity to shape and influence the future direction of the Academy.
- Opportunities for professional development, including
- The chance to join a highly motivated and dedicated team.
- An attractive salary
In the first instance, this post will be non-class based.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Mrs. Yvonne Malcolm (School Business Manager) to arrange an appointment on 0191 536 7813. If required, opportunity for an informal conversation about the post with the current leadership of the school can also be arranged.
Closing date: Friday 8th October 2021 at 4.00 pm.
Shortlisting: Monday 11th October 2021
Lesson Observations to take place in applicant’s school on Wednesday 13th or Friday 15th October 2021
Following a successful lesson observation, applicants will be invited for interview, to take place on Thursday 21st October 2021.
To start January 2022
To find out more about this role and for an Application Pack, please e-mail
The Board of Directors, Local Academy Trust and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons and the Principal must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Click here to view the job description document.
Click here to view the person specification document.