Prince Bishops Teaching Alliance
Cleadon Church of England Academy has become part of the Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance (PBTSA). The Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance, designated in 2014 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership, is a unique partnership between primary and secondary schools, working with young people aged 3 – 19 years.
The alliance is made up of five schools: Benedict Biscop Church of England Academy, Whitburn Church of England Academy, Venerable Bede Church of England Academy, Cleadon Church of England Academy and St. Paul’s Church of England Primary School. The Alliance works in partnership across the Durham and Newcastle Dioceses – sharing the vision of excellence in education and life experiences, providing the highest standards of education and care and encouraging our young people to have high aspirations.
It is a unique Multiple Teaching School Alliance with 5 local Anglican schools working together to :
• Develop outstanding teaching & learning, raising achievement and standards for all pupils.
• Train the next generation of teachers, working with universities to ensure high quality school-led teacher training & professional development
• Identify and develop & school leaders, ensuring that the most talented school leaders are spotted and supported to become successful leaders
• Provide support for other schools, improving performance at other schools by working with school leaders, staff and governors.
• Actively engage in research and development.
Cleadon Church of England Academy has already been involved with School Direct, a new pathway for teacher training, and found it a positive experience. This will continue with the PBTSA. Click here to visit the Prince Bishops Alliance website.
You can read (below) the latest newsletter from the Alliance which outlines some of the opportunities and activities taking place. If you have a family member who may be thinking of entering the profession, they would be more than welcome to come along to one of the school experience days listed in the newsletter to help provide them with a real first hand insight into the word of teaching.